The brand new kits will be worn for the first time when we run out against Melbourne City at McKellar Park on this, October 28th.
The fresh, exciting new look for one of the Westfield W-League’s most successful clubs features some changes from recent years entering the 11th season in the competition.
Beginning with a striking green base, the home kit features black hoops across the body and the Parliament House spire at the base in a nod to one of Canberra’s prominent landmarks.
A black collar and button line finishes off the home shirt, while black shorts and green socks complete the kit to continue the appearance of recent seasons.
The away number in 2018/19 is almost a reverse of the home shirt, with a grey shirt featuring green hoops and collar. The detailing of the Parliament House spire remains and the kit features green shorts and hooped grey socks.
Technical Talk |
- The slimmer fit is a nod to upcoming trends in football apparel, and at a combined fabric ratio of 167gsm this jersey is beyond lightweight.
- Ball point mesh panels are used to target areas of perspiration and overheating, giving the wearer the best transference capacity for managing a constant body temperature. Ballpoint mesh is an exclusive highperformance fabric that is scientifically certified to meet the clearly defined Power-Comfort-Energy (PCE) index criteria by Invista.
- The main body and sleeves utilise triple mesh fabric, which features quick DRIFX (quick-dry) technology. Moisture is transferred from the skin and passed to the outer layer of the jersey where it can be quickly evaporated, allowing the wearer to maintain an optimal body temperature.
The new playing kits are available to be purchased now, from the official Canberra United online store.
What you need to know |
- New look VIVA Playing kits
- Available for purchase right now
- Members receive a 10% discount